Beginner Ruby On Rails by Luan Vieira
Aug 02, 2022
In this freshly made course Luan Vieira will mentor us through learning the fundamentals of the framework that both GitHub AND Shopify are built on. Ruby On Rails is performant, scalable and a solution that withstands the test of time.
What will you learn in this course?
- How to build a Ruby on Rails app
- What is the Model View Controller pattern in web development
- How to model your objects and database tables in order to build efficient features
- How to build responsive views using Hotwire
Why should you take this course
- Programming in Ruby on Rails makes me happy and I’d love for others to find the same joy in it
- Ruby on Rails is easy to get started but it also allows you to scale your app to the size of a GitHub or Shopify
- There are plenty of jobs for Rails developers https://www.rubyjobboard.com/newest-ruby-on-rails-jobs
- Ruby on Rails is here to stay
Who is Luan Vieira?
Luan is a Software Engineer at GitHub. He’s been a Ruby on Rails developer for 4 years and loves it. He recently started making contributions to the framework and joined the issues triage team. When not writing code, Luan loves to play with his kid, woodworking and surfing.
Things Luan Vieira is proud of
- Like many people in the industry today, I learned software development from online tutorials like Level Up Tutorials, Wes Bos and Codecademy.
- I love working at GitHub. It’s a product I love using and a team I’m really proud of being a part of!
- I’m stoked to be a contributor to the Ruby on Rails framework. It feels great to work on a framework that’s used by tens of thousands of people.
- Proud to be a Brazilian working in tech! I was born and raised in Brazil and moved to the US after college.
- This course!!! 🚀